Saturday, March 14, 2009







So I just spent last week in Italy, visiting a friend living in Siena. It was an amazing trip but I'm not satisfied with the images I made. Since I have been back I have had the same conversation over and over with teachers and friends about how hard it is to make good pictures while traveling. My favorite images are the ones I took of Hannah's (pictured above) apartment, which is no real surprise considering I spent a few days there and became familiar with the space. I also made a quick portrait of her, seeing as portraiture is my focus for the semester. Shooting with my digital camera all week really made me miss my 4x5. I shot some film with a Holga because I figured, after being scanned a couple times it would be worthless. I developed a role of B&W and it came out so I have high hopes for my color film. I shot more portraits with the Holga, so we will see how they come out. I may post more pictures from my trip if I warm up to them. Time will tell.

No comments: