Saturday, March 21, 2009

3.21.09

I have recently made a habit of carrying a Holga and a flash with me everywhere. Maybe its because I got used to always having in Italy, but its light weight and easy to use, it only shoots on one setting. So I have been snapping portraits of whomever catches my eye and, as a result, I have been seeing good portraits everywhere. I don't know if the Holga images are any good but I have been revisiting these portraits and capturing essentially what I saw before with my 4x5 camera. This is my roommate working on a mixed media project; she is decorating eggs. I really like the light in this image, even though the negative is a little thin and my shadows are lacking detail. Maeve often brings out a very regal side when I start photographing her and I think it is apparent here.

1 comment:

pitchertaker said...

Regal? She is a very controlled person -- I've never seen her just let go and be crazy. Sometimes she puts on her "Princess Di" look, too. What does all this mean? Inquiring minds want to know?